Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

Do you need an export licence to export dietary suppliments

from the U.S. to other...
Do you need an export licence to export dietary suppliments from the U.S. to other countries?
9/4/2009
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Do you know which countries you want to export to?
Yes, Specifically, Ghana, in west Africa (on the coast)

There is a 26 step process for determining whether an export license is required. It can be found here: http://www.access.gpo.gov/bis/ear/pdf/732.pdf

My general review of these and other regulations indicates that most likely you will not require an export license for shipping dietary supplements to Ghana. However, it would be best to get an export import lawyer's second opinion or for you to follow the steps stated based on your detailed knowledge of what you are shipping and arrive at an independent decision.

You may find a lawyer in your area to assist you by going to http://www.lawyers.com/ or http://www.martindale.com/

http://www.access.gpo.gov/bis/ear/ear_data.html#ccl

See also this link above.

Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Maverick
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney