How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Info Your Own Question
Legal Info
Legal Info, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 8
Experience:  Over 10 years handling business law, employment, personal injury, and landlord-tenant matters.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Legal Info is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am going to be selling Gifts and home decor items at a Stuart,Fl.

Resolved Question:

I am going to be selling Gifts and home decor items at a Stuart,Fl. Flee Market,I will also be
contracting with various businesses to place in their store a "Point of Banking" card processing
machine, (it like an ATM machine but does not dispense cash,instead it spits out a two-part
receipt showing that their banking institution has debited their account say $20 plus a $2
processing fee.They take the receipt to the cashier and purchase items or redeems the receipt for cash (($20)). These also are not Credt Card processing machines because the merchant is
not charged a fee for each transaction. In this seneiro the store owner and I (owner of the
machine(s), split the processing fee of $2. What,if any, State of Florida licsense do I need for
these types of businesses? My name isXXXXX business is Three-Ts Enterprises LLC.
E-mail [email protected] Thankyou.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Legal Info replied 8 years ago.

It appears that you need to contact the Florida Dept. of Revenue to discuss whether a licenses is needed from them.


You will also need to contact the city in which the business will be conducted and inquire about any business licenses that are needed.


It does not appear that you will need to obtain a license from the Dept. of Business and Professional Regulation, , or from the Office of Financial Regulation, , but it would be worth contacting them to make sure.

I hope that I have fully answered your questions.


Legal Eagle


I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with "For Legal Eagle..."

Use of this service does not create any attorney client relationship. Any information provided is not the practice of law but intended to direct you in finding an attorney in your locale.


Legal Info and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you