How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 118087
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My question is this. As a chairman slash President of a corporation

Customer Question

My question is this. As a chairman slash President of a corporation not for profit who continues to cause conflict and not abide by the bylaws. Who has been asked to resign then the Board impeached him and he voted on his own impeachment and clearly states that he could not vote has been detrimental to the members of other chapters right down to causeing problems for other business how can we get an injuction to stop him quickly till this is all hashed out and this is in NY state and ABATE of NY President
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
If he has not complied with the bylaws, the next move is to proceed to the courts and seek a declaratory judgment against him and removing him based upon the vote of the remaining board members. The corporation is bound to follow the bylaws and when they do not the court can issue a declaratory judgment ruling that the bylaws must be followed.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq. and 5 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
ok what court and where could I get the forms to do this
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
You cannot do this, as it is a corporation, the corporation must be represented by an attorney, since anyone else representing the corporation would be considered the unauthorized practice of law.