How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INFOLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 56501
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
INFOLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a general contractor who employeed a roofing company to

Resolved Question:

I am a general contractor who employeed a roofing company to do some jobs for me. The roofing company had an employee they believe was stealing company funds. I have lien wavers showing I paid in full. I am now being harrassed to produce cleared checks to show I paid. Wouldn't the lien waver issued by their company be my reciept? I gave them copies of the the lien wavers and they still are not satisfied and now threatening me. What are my legal rights?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
That is strong proof. You can also sue and file a police report concerning the thefts.   
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

My company has not been stolen from. The roofing company I contracted and paid to do some jobs for me suspects a theft in their company. They want proof that i paid them for the jobs they did. I showed them the wavers and they say it's not enough they want cleared checks from my bank account. Do I have to produce these?

Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
You should provide them as proof.   
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So lein wavers are not enough. I must provide cleared checks? what if I paid cash?
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
It is not an absolute rule but you should provide whatever evidence you have of payment to avoid having the issue turn to litigation.   
INFOLAWYER and 3 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you