How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is the best first step to start legal action to collect

This answer was rated:

What is the best "first step" to start legal action to collect overdue accounts receivable owed to corporation?

You will need to file a collection action against the debtor. Unfortunately a corporation can only be represented in court by an attorney. Therefore, if you are not an attorney, you will need to retain an attorney. You can file suit to recover the money owed plus court costs and reasonable attorneys fees.

Good luck.
Ellen and 2 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you