How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 118099
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Challenging High Court ruling

Customer Question

My company has been issued with a notice of seizure namely fieri facias.

The invoice for which the issue has been entered into has been under dispute with the supplier since it's issuance.

Due and proper legal procedure appears to have not been followed.

Our assets within the premises are leased or subject to lien by way of a first charge by our primary financier.

How do i prevent the seizure of goods and challenge the decision of the court?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
First, you need to notify your primary financier, since they have a secured interest in those goods, so they will have to file to intervene in the seizure.

Second, because you are a company, you MUST be represented by an attorney in all legal matters, so you will have to hire an attorney and file an objection to the writ and then appeal any judgment. You cannot represent your company, since a business entity is considered legally a separate person and for an owner to represent their business it is considered unauthorized practice of law.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”