How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Attorney with over 35 years of business experience.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was in a child support case with the father of my son. During

Customer Question

I was in a child support case with the father of my son. During which he obtained all of my bank statements from 2004-2008, from my bank through an invalid subpeona. The subpeona was signed by his wife who is not an attorney or an officer of the court. Can I sue my bank for giving my bank statements to him on an invalid subpeona?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 8 years ago.
No you cannot sue the bank. What you can do is to report her to the state bar association for practicing law without a license.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
why can't I sue the bank?
Expert:  lwpat replied 8 years ago.
The bank had no way of knowing it was an invalid subpoena, there is no right of privacy in bank records and you cannot prove any damages.