How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 57314
Experience:  Experienced lawyer
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there anything I can do if I as falsely accused of making

Resolved Question:

Is there anything I can do if I as falsely accused of making a statement about the company and am now on indefinite suspension without pay and facing possible demotion or getting fired?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 8 years ago.
What state are you employed in?
Is there an employee manual?
Is it a union job?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Illinois. It's regarding my husband's employment. He is a department manager at Menards in Peru, IL. Employees are not given handbooks due to the companies fear of it's competitors getting it. It is not a union job.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 8 years ago.
Legally then the employer can take any action it wants even if it is mistaken. He can seek to convince them otherwise. If the decision were discriminatory then there would be more recourse (meaning based on his race, gender, or age. see )
Infolawyer and 3 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Would it be considered discrimination if he was accused of this statement by 3 females and no males were included?
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 8 years ago.
Gender discrimination typically applies to cases where women are harassed as opposed to men.    You can review the discussion on on gender discrimination and consider an eeoc complaint but I do not see a strong claim here on that basis.