How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 57340
Experience:  Experienced lawyer
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

This person is emailing my vendors and posting untrue information

Customer Question

This person is emailing my vendors and posting untrue information on message boards. This is NOT one of my vendors and never has been, I don't even know who this person is. What can I do? See this post: DANGEROUS URL REMOVED
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 8 years ago.
Consider having a lawyer letter sent to him warning him to cease or he will be sued for defamation and tortious interference with business. If he does not comply, such a lawsuit can be filed seeking an injunction and money damages.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Can you write this letter? How much to do it?
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 8 years ago.
We are not allowed to take on matters only respond to the question posed. You can find local counsel to do so on    The cost for a letter should be nominal. No more than $400 assuming 2 hours of work at $200 per hour.