Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

Hi, I want to start a for profit business that will basically

accept money on behalf of...
Hi, I want to start a for profit business that will basically accept money on behalf of another person which I will then forward to the appropriate bank account.

What problems should I anticipate?
How can I prove my legitimacy?
Do we need liability insurance?
7/7/2009
Roger, Attorney

You're likely going to need special licensing if you're handling money as an intermediary. You should contact your Secretary of State (http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/contact/contact.html) and ask what license you need to acquire from the state to be legally operating.

You can establish that you're legitimate by being licensed and registered with the Secretary of State.

Yes, you do need liability insurance. All companies face problems and you don't want a mistake to cost you your business.

Roger, Attorney
Roger, Attorney