How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Attorney with over 35 years of business experience.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a small business which is an LLC entity. I could not

Resolved Question:

I have a small business which is an LLC entity. I could not pay one of the company's bills. Now there is a collection attorney attempting to collect the delinquent balance for the creditor. Do I have to work with the collection attorney since this is an commercial account? I live in South Carolina.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 8 years ago.
Since it has been turned over to the attorney you now have to work through him. You can file for BK if the company has gone under or if the LLC has no assets it doesn't matter since they can't touch your personal assets unless you gave a guarantee.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
After sending the attorney the letter to decist contact, he responded that he would tell the company to go ahead and sue my company.
Expert:  lwpat replied 8 years ago.

That is there right and they can get a judgment if you owe the money and try to collect it in accordance with SC law. If the LLC does not own and real estate, have money in a bank account or other attachable assets they are out of luck.


An accept for my time is always appreciated.

lwpat and 3 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Business Law Questions