Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

We have no written agreement. I feel my partner has violated

Customer Question
We have no written agreement...
We have no written agreement. I feel my "partner" has violated his fiduciary responsibility to me by doing some of the following:
-changing bank accounts without my permission
-running up bills in my personal name and not paying
-self-dealing
-depositing checks clearly made out to me/my interests in his own account
-installing locks on doors without telling
-hiring without telling
-refusing to return phone calls and emails
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Business Law
7/3/2009
Business Lawyer: lwpat, Attorney replied 8 years ago
lwpat
lwpat, Attorney
If you are in a business partnership then he certainly has breached his fiduciary duty to you. You do not need a written agreement to be in a partnership, one can be formed simply by the actions of the parties. Here you need to take evidence of all the above to a local attorney and file an action to dissolve the partnership and to recover damages.
still waiting
What is your additional question?
lwpat
lwpat
lwpat, Attorney