How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dave Kennett Your Own Question
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 27689
Experience:  25 years practicing law
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Dave Kennett is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am asking on behalf of my brother, He has a pool business

This answer was rated:

I am asking on behalf of my brother, He has a pool business and one of his customers will not pay a $2000 bill this is a new business so he dosnt have alot of money what can he do, we have asked to have a meeting with him but he didnt show we also have resent the invoice. Dose it cost alot to take it to small claims coury

DearCustomer- Small claims courts are designed for just this type of case. It is not necessary to have a lawyer and the court costs are very small, generally under $100. Most of the courts also provide the necessary forms to be used in filing the suit. Your friend should definitely file a suit in the small claims court.


Dave Kennett

Dave Kennett and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you