How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INFOLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 56867
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
INFOLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have a small business in ny state, i lost a judgement case

Resolved Question:

i have a small business in ny state, i lost a judgement case in court last week,and today i was notifed they froze my checking account,ive tried to work out a payment program but they said no.what can i do to unfreeze my account.....? payroll is tommorrow.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 8 years ago.
Did you have notice of the judgment? or entered on default?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes,i was aware i lost in court,my atty tried to work a payment plan with them but they said no.....i dont have the cash on hand to pay it 70,000. i have property but that would take time to sell.
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 8 years ago.
If was on default, you could have moved to vacate it. Now you are limited to trying again to work out a payment plan. Using a lawyer can help with that and offering financial statements to show your hardship.
INFOLAWYER and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you