How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard - Bizlaw Your Own Question
Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 10629
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Richard - Bizlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My brother, Fernando Fisdel has been in a federal person, 10

Resolved Question:

My brother, Fernando Fisdel has been in a federal person, 10 years ago, for 32 months. He has just passed away on june 14th. I am his sister grace. And he MADE SURE A DIFFEnce in so many peoples life. While so, he worked as a teacher, very proud. and was the "Couch" he's nickmane from there on. He loved sports.He was housed and helped and made everyone he evered known special. He has changed so many many lifes. And i want to open      COUCH you THROUGH Helping out Federal prisoners, when they get free. Clothing, helping with jobs, guiding, doctors, housing, and so much more. Please guide me though, I know, he send me this to be my calling, as it has been for me. Thank you in everyway. He was my best friend.. regards grace
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 8 years ago.
You will want to create a charitible organization that helps former prisoners. You can apply for a 501(c)(3) organization. You can organize a corporation under the not for profit corporation of your state. Once you get the corporation formed you will file for tax exempt status with the IRS. Until you get the IRS approval, even though your corporation is not for profit contributions will not be tax exempt and contributors will not be able to take charitable deductions for making contributions. Getting the IRS tax exempt status is more involved than just filing a form. It is a fairly lenghty presentation demonstrating why the organization will meet the standards for tax exempt status.

I strongly suggest you retain an attorney to assist you in this process.

Once you have tax exempt status, you can solicit contributions to fund the work you want to do for former prisoners.

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. I would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.
Richard - Bizlaw and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you