Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

A customer owes us a large amount of money. They have vacated

their building and the phones...
A customer owes us a large amount of money. They have vacated their building and the phones are shut off.
They have not filed for bankruptcy nor have they filed for dissolution with the state.
What is our next step? Can we sue them?
7/1/2009
JPEsq, Attorney

Yes, that would be your exact next step. File a lawsuit claiming the money you are owed, and for good measure go ahead and sue the owner and the business entity. If you cannot track them down, you will have to serve teh notice by publication in the newspaper. Once you get a judgment, it is onlyy as good as your ability to track them down. But the judgment will give you alot more firepower to collect than a simple debt.

JPEsq, Attorney
JPEsq, Attorney