Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

Hi, im appointing some roles within my company and need some

questiones answered.... Can the company...
Hi, im appointing some roles within my company and need some questiones answered.... Can the company Chairman also be the CEO... or can the company Secretary also be the CEO... And lastly, what is the best position to hold within a company... ? Thanks
6/2/2009
Richard - Bizlaw

The Company Chairman can also be CEO. The CEO is the chief executive officer of the company and is either the president or can be the Chairman of the Board of Directors.

Normally, a company has a President, a Vice President, a Treasurer and a Secretary. The President is usually the Chief Executive Officer unless the Chairman of the Board is. The Vice President is second in command normally. The Treasurer is responsible for finances and the Secretary is responsible for keeping corporate records.

That is a general overview of the roles of officers.

Thanks a million,
Ju to clarify.... The company Secretaty can not also hold the position on CEO/President... ?

Yes that is correct generally a Secretary cannot also be President/CEO.

I would appreciate you accepting the answers as that is the way I am compensated. Also if you could, would you provide feedback on the response I provided. If you were especially satisfied, you can provide a bonus.

Good luck

Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney