How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INFOLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 56537
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
INFOLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, I Have a few questions regarding business law. Background

Resolved Question:


I Have a few questions regarding business law.

Background: I am an HVAC Contractor in Center Valley, PA.

I installed a new furnace for someone about 40days ago.

The invoice was around $3300. They paid $1000 up front. I have contract signed by them saying they would pay within 30 days. I also have an invoice saying the same thing, signed, also saying that the late fee is 1% per day late.

The 30 days ended on May 20th, 2009. They still have not paid, and now are not answering the telephone.

What are my options and how would i go about doing them?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 8 years ago.
The easiest option is to sue in small claims court after sending anothert good faith letter. Once the suit occurs or after judgment is entered, payment usually follows.   
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I have been told the problem with a small claim law suit is that payment is not guaranteed.


Is this the case?

If so Why?

And how long would it take from the point of being filed until judgement is entered?

Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 8 years ago.
It is never guaranteed but the lawsuit leads to a judgment which can be used to enforce and also serves as a lien which means eventually it gets paid or offers the best shot at it.     Small claims claims court is fast though. You file papers, court is scheduled, you appear and if you win which you should a judgment rendered right there.   A few weeks at most is the whole process.
INFOLAWYER and 4 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for your help.


I will accept your answer, but i have one last question for you.


How do i go about filing this small claim lawsuit?


Can it be done online or do i have to mail something?


If online please provide a link to the website for PA.

Thanks so much for your help!

Related Business Law Questions