How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 118200
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a member of AA and I am about to grant a loan to another

Resolved Question:

I am a member of AA and I am about to grant a loan to another member, I have been burned before doing this, but I feel good about this indivdual. I am attempting to make this a legal transaction. Documented with a notarized, promissory note. I would like to secure the note with the title of this individuals auto, which he owns outright, and it'value far exceed the amount of the note. How do I technically securitze the note, to the title of the car. I am a CPA, but don't understand the technicalties using the title for security. Could you please advise.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
The note can be just the fairly simple and straight forward obligation to pay and the terms of the payment, due dates of payment or maximum due date on the loan and specification that in consideration for the loan he is using his vehicle as security and will grant you a lien on the vehicle. You also need to specify that he must keep adequate insurance on the vehicle and provide you with copies of insurance on the vehicle during course of the loan and that you need to be listed with the insurer as lienholder. Also, specify that if the insurance lapses, you will obtain insuarance at his cost which would be owed to you by him (this covers you in case of accident). You then get the lien form from the state DMV and complete that to be placed on the title of his car as a lienholder. The process is fairly simple actually.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq. and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you