How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Id like to get out of a partnership as soon as possible,selling

Customer Question

I'd like to get out of a partnership as soon as possible,selling the bussiness to the best offer,In the other hand my partner cannot buy me out and puts a very heigh asking price.Can I sell my share to somebody else?what kind of document I will need for that transaction?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.
Do you have a written partnership agreement?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes we do.
Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.

Provided that your partnership agreement does not restrict your right to sell your interest, you can sell to a third party. Typically a partnership agreement will require that the remaining partner have a first right of refusal on the interest being sold. If that is your situation, you will need to follow the guidelines set out in your agreement for selling the partnership interest. Typically the interest can be transferred with an assignment of partnership interest.

Related Business Law Questions