Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients .
17897874

My EX EMPLOYER IS TRYING TO GET AN INJUNCTION AGAINST ME AND MY NEW COMPANY

Customer Question

I JUST STARTED A COMPANY AND MY EX-EMPLOYER IS TRYING TO STOP ME FROM DOING BUSINESSS IM NOT DOING WHAT HE IS DOING AND I NEVER SIGNED A NON COMPETE OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT. I'M DOING SOMETHING SOMEWHAT LIKE HE IS DOING ONLY A DIFFERENT BUSINESS MODEL
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Loren replied 8 years ago.

I am sorry to hear of your problem

If you never signed a non-compete, the only basis for his getting an injunction would be an allegation that you misappropriated his proprietary information. Documents, Customer lists, for example, would be your former employer's property and if you took those and began contacting his customers that may be actionable.

If you have been served, I urge you to seek local counsel to advise you on the proper course of action. The standard for obtaining an injunction is fairly high, but you will need an attorney to represent you in this.

Good luck. I hope it works out for you.