Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

If i defended myself would it offend the court or the judge my

If i defended myself would...
If i defended myself would it offend the court or the judge?my attorney cant come up with a worst case of cost so my thought is that i could get blead from both sides.(between a rock and a hard place)he seems to want this in court.If an opposing attorney tried to contact you would you return call and is it standard practice to do so.i dont see any reason not to other than my attorney not making the effort.(I know first hand he is hard to get ahold of.All info of the case(which i think i have a strong case)stratagy and so forth has been my work,i am just basicly delivering it to him for his wording and correct procedure.If i messed up on procedure would the judge just kick it back to me to fix?also would it be a jury trial or judge only.if the two parties are split then who would trump.I am a tireless researcher and fact finder and just dont know at what point do i do it myself.I am not saying that I could do better than attorney,just that it is more important to me than him and i would invest maximum effort.And I dont think he is.Where could i get help with procedure if idid do it myself.The other side seems to be very slopy with the facts that i canb disprove on paper(seems like plaintiff and opposing attorney arent spending much time on this,(going by the law suit)Also does civil suits ever hardly get kicked out in the response phase)Everybody seems to want this in court but me,but i seem to be the only one spending the time on it so far.could you recommend someone to help me with procedure(for a fee of course)if i did do it myself
5/3/2009
Infolawyer, Attorney
If i defended myself would it offend the court or the judge?
NO. JUDGES PREFER DEALING WITH LAWYERS BECAUSE CASE MOVES FASTER BUT UNDERSTAND THE COST ISSUE AND THERE ARE MANY SELF REPRESENTED PARTIES.

my attorney cant come up with a worst case of cost so my thought is that i could get blead from both sides.(between a rock and a hard place)he seems to want this in court.
YES, LITIGATION CAN BE COSTLY.

If an opposing attorney tried to contact you would you return call and is it standard practice to do so.
YES PROFESSIONAL MANNERS AND OFTEN HELPS TO REACH SETTLEMENT.   

i dont see any reason not to other than my attorney not making the effort.
I AGREE YOU SHOULD REACH OUT.

(I know first hand he is hard to get ahold of.All info of the case(which i think i have a strong case)stratagy and so forth has been my work,i am just basicly delivering it to him for his wording and correct procedure.If i messed up on procedure would the judge just kick it back to me to fix?
JUDGE WILL GIVE YOU MORE ROOM ON PROCEDURE BUT DONT EXPECT UNLIMITED COURTESY FROM THE COURT.

also would it be a jury trial or judge only.
JUDGE UNLESS ONE OF YOU ASKS FOR JURY TRIAL

if the two parties are split then who would trump.I am a tireless researcher and fact finder and just dont know at what point do i do it myself.I am not saying that I could do better than attorney,just that it is more important to me than him and i would invest maximum effort.And I dont think he is.Where could i get help with procedure if idid do it myself.

CAN SPEAK TO SELF REPRESENTED/PRO SE CLERK AND COURT LAW LIBRARY
The other side seems to be very slopy with the facts that i canb disprove on paper(seems like plaintiff and opposing attorney arent spending much time on this,(going by the law suit)Also does civil suits ever hardly get kicked out in the response phase)Everybody seems to want this in court but me,but i seem to be the only one spending the time on it so far.could you recommend someone to help me with procedure(for a fee of course)if i did do it myself
IF YOU CHOOSE TO RETAIN OTHER COUNSEL AT BETTER RATE FOR EXAMPLE, CONSIDER WWW.MARTINDALE.COM

Optional Information:

if my attorney says he cant get ahold of my brothers attorney,that seems suspicious to me considering my attorney cant be contacted by phone by me.If i contacted opposing attorney would that offend my attorney.I dont want to offend the only person in my corner

or at least i think he is.how would i try to convince the other attorney they dont have a case without revealing too much of my case.I have checked the guy out and he seems reasonable.im preatty sure he is doing this on percentage.so at what point would he cut his loses and quit proceding the lawsuit.I think i should let my attorney handle the initial claim even though i think he isnt doing a good job keeping this from escalating.I have 20 days to respond.is that weekdays or weekends too.im worried about a week response by my attorney.so if he gives a weak response end his services there.I gave stratagy,he agreed and then didnt do it the way we agreed

are you there.are you going to reply so i can pay you

As long as you are represented, opposing counsel wont speak to you.   It is not allowed.

Infolawyer, Attorney
i accepted did you get paid
Yes, thank you very much.
Infolawyer, Attorney