How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Brent Blanchard Your Own Question
Brent Blanchard
Brent Blanchard, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 1975
Experience:  Thirteen years of business law experience, from business formation to litigation
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Brent Blanchard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

we are working for usm that has ross marshalls ect in ca. and

Resolved Question:

we are working for usm that has ross marshalls ect in ca. and it don't pay much and they want us to pay and 8%rebate thats what they call it but if that happens we will be getting paid under min wage what can we do beside quit Thanks
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Brent Blanchard replied 8 years ago.
If this is an "independent contractor" situation, then it sounds like they are actually asking for an illegal kickback.

If it is an hourly employee situation, then they are asking for permission to pay illegal wages.

I'd take this to the CA Department of Industrial Relations first, no more discussions with area managers. They might be either powerless or free from owning any courage.

You can get some info at: and some news snippets from a CA law firm at:

Thank you.

Brent Blanchard and 2 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Business Law Questions