How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a contractor that did not get paid for a job I did in

Customer Question

I am a contractor that did not get paid for a job I did in the state of marlyland. I do not have enough money to get a lawyer because I never got paid. I live in WVa. Who do I contact, the magistrate court of justice or some other branch? thank you jack.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.

You will want to file a contractor's lien on the property. You can copy the forms at your local law library or purchase them on line at:
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
it has been over 2 yrs can I still put a mechanic lein on the building
Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.

No the statute has run for the mechanic's lien. You will need to file a collection action. What is the amount owed?