Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

We have a business operating vending machines. The company

Customer Question
from which we lease the...
We have a business operating vending machines. The company from which we lease the machines controls the sales pricing to the consumer through their online technology. In their effort to sell more product (as they are paid off top line sales, and this increases sales), they have set the pricing on several items without regard for our cost of goods and fixed costs and actually causing us to lose money when we make a sale on some items. This is something they have complete control over, and we are unable to change on our end. We have repeatedly asked for increases in top line pricing and have written responses from them refusing to do so. Is this legal or some violation of antitrust laws? They have put our company in serious financial jeopardy.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Business Law
4/1/2009
Business Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 8 years ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
If there is more than one company selling similar machines then there is no monopoly or trust problems, unless all of the companies have conspired to fix prices or otherwise stifle the free market.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR TEXAS ATTY” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney