Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

Hi Jane, I have 3 more question that I need your help on.

Customer Question
Hi Jane, I have 3 more...
Hi Jane,

I have 3 more question that I need your help on. I know that you answer the following but the answer is blocked so I could not offer you payment on it.

Here is the question,

I am suppose to be the attorney for the plaintiff.

Here your link to the question and answer.

www.justanswer.com/questions/1t43c-pastaman-inc-largest-single

Question 1.
Pastaman Inc., the largest single buyer of tomatoes in the area, manufactures several varieties of tomato-based pasta sauces. It entered into a written contract with Farmgirl Inc., for the supply of the "Reddy" tomato, the only type of tomato Pastaman uses in its pasta sauces. The "Reddy" tomato is known for its distinctive flavor and color, and it is particularly desirable for making pasta sauces. The parties agreed to a price of $100 per ton.

The contract, which was on Pastaman's standard form, specified that Farmgirl will deliver to Pastaman, at the end of the growing season in August, all "Reddy" tomatoes that Pastaman might require. The contract also prohibited Farmgirl from selling any excess Reddy tomatoes to a third party without Pastaman's consent. At the time the contract was executed, Farmgirl objected to that provision. A Pastaman representative assured them that although the provision was standard in their contracts with their growers, Pastaman had never attempted to enforce the provision. In fact, Pastaman routinely sought to prevent growers from selling their surplus crop to third parties. The contract also stated that Pastaman could reject Farmgirl's tomatoes for any reason, even if they conformed to the contract.

On August 1 Pastaman told Farmgirl that it would need 40 tons of Reddy tomatoes at the end of August. Farmgirl anticipated that it would harvest 65 tons of Reddy tomatoes commencing on August 30. Because of the generally poor growing season, Reddy tomatoes were in short supply. Another manufacturer, Spaghettiboy Inc., offered Farmgirl $250 per ton for its entire crop of Reddy tomatoes. On August 15 Farmgirl accepted the Spaghettiboy offer and informed Pastaman that it was repudiating the Pastaman/Farmgirl contract.

After Farmgirl's repudiation, Pastaman was able to contract for only 10 tons of Reddy tomatoes on the spot market at $200 per ton, but has been unable to procure any more. Other varieties of tomatoes are readily available at prices of $100 per ton or less on the open market, but Pastaman is reluctant to switch to these because it fears that its sauces won't taste the same. Pastaman believes that Reddy tomatoes give its sauces a unique color, texture, and flavor. It is now August 20. Pastaman demands that Farmgirl fulfil their contract in all respects. Farmgirl refuses.
_________________________________________________________

Question 2 Case Study

Mr. Silicon Crisp is the president of Chip Inc., a small organization that makes computer chips for the secondary personal computer market. In the regular course of Chip Inc.’s business, Silicon did the following:

He sent an e-mail message to his daughter Pringles, the vice president of the organization, which stated, “This is to confirm our conversation of the other day wherein you agreed to make your home garage available next week to Chip Inc. for storage of Chip Inc. items. You will be paid $5 per year.” Pringles sent an e-mail message back stating, “That’s right, Dad; the garage is clean and ready for storage.”

Silicon also sent an e-mail message to Walkers, a customer of Chip Inc., which stated, “We agree to replace our defective chip in your computer, but only if you agree not to bring any legal action against Chip Inc.” Walkers sent a return e-mail message stating that he agreed to these terms.

Silicon telephoned Dorito, another customer of Chip Inc., to confirm that Chip Inc. would send 100 computer chip units to Dorito, who had already fully paid for the units, but only if Dorito agreed to pay an additional 10% due to an increase in Chip Inc.’s operating costs. Dorito reluctantly agreed because he needed the chips immediately.

Silicon wrote a letter to Sandy Inc. in which Chip Inc. offered to buy 10 tons of processed raw material during the coming year at market price should Chip Inc. need any raw material. Sandy Inc. responded agreeing to sell all the raw material to Chip Inc. that it might want.

Is there adequate consideration for Chip Inc.’s agreements described above with Pringles, Walkers, Dorito, and Sandy Inc.? Discuss.
Here the third question.

I do not have a contract but I live in Texas if that help so any rental agreement would do,like an apartment lease agreement if that okay with you.

Look at your rental agreement and identify what the contractual situation is regarding subleasing and assignment. If you aren't renting, provide a contract you are associated with either at home or work. Please be sure to not include any aspects of a contract that is confidential. What is the law that applies to the contract? Does the contract have an integration clause? How does this clause affect the agreement? Do you think any of the provisions are unfair? If so, state which ones and why you feel the provision is unfair.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Business Law
3/11/2009
Business Lawyer: Jane T (LLC), Attorney replied 8 years ago
Jane T (LLC)
Jane T (LLC), Attorney

I can have these for you tomorrow morning.

Will that work?

Hi Jane,

Yes that works for me.

Thank you so much for your great help.

Larry

DearCustomer

Here is your answer.

Please click on the link above which will open up a new web page.

On the new web page click on the text that says "click here to begin download". This will open up a Word box. Click on the word "Open" in that box to open the file and read the answer.

SAVE that answer to your PC so that you can access it at any time.

Let me know when you are satisfied with the writing and I will then disable the link on this answer to prevent anyone else from viewing or seeing the response I provide here for you. This can help prevent plagarism.

Jane T (LLC)
Jane T (LLC), Attorney

Hi Jane,

On the Tomatoe company, I need a little more help the professor send the following to me and stated that my Brief has to be 3-5 page in lenght.

Here what she sent me:

As attorneys, you will prepare mock-briefs. You will identify the legal issues involved and draft them as questions, with affirmative answers, and then prepare arguments. The arguments will have to be supported by reasons and case law where appropriate. You are expected to refer to the textbooks, lecture notes, and Internet resources to make convincing arguments.

Submit your arguments making sure to cite case law and include supporting reasoning. You legal argument should be 3-5 pages in length and submitted in an MS Word Document to this Discussion Area.

Criteria for the Plaintiff's attorney:

Framed the issues correctly.

Presented articulate and coherent arguments.

Supported arguments by reasons and/or case law.

Advanced arguments to support the issues.

Asked for appropriate relief from the court.

Marshaled all the appropriate facts.

Applied the law to the facts.

Jane,

I sorry for all the trouble I did not know what she wanted I thought it was just an explaination but she said that she failed to post the entire assignment.

Again, I sorry.

If you want I can pay an additional amount for your trouble, I know that it a lot of work.

Larry

DearCustomer

When do you need the brief for the tomato case?

Hi Jane,

If I could have it by Monday that would be fine.

I so sorry,

Larry

Customer

I can actually have it ready by Saturday.

DearCustomer

Here is the brief and the first answer.

DearCustomer

The answers for this question are still up, meaning that anyone can access them. You requested that I provide both of them but have not accepted nor reponsed to me.

Are you accepting these or do you have any questions I can answer about them?

Hi Jane,

I sorry, I have not contacted you I fell and sustain several broken ribs, however, I did ask for an extension on the assignment and it due today. I accept you answers I will also hit the accept button.

I going to open the files in the next 2 minutes after accepting them.

Larry

DearCustomer

I suffered some injuries in the rib area a few months ago and I can understand. It is amazing how hurting that one area can keep you from moving or getting into any comfortable position.

The Brief answer is still available, let me know if you did not save a copy of the first answer I provided to this question.

Feel better.

Hi Jane,

I did not know how to add a bonus on my next question I want to compensate you for all the time you spent on the Tomatoe company brief.

I going to ask customer service for help maybe I can add to a bonus to the $40.00 I just transfered to your account. Please let me know if you are not getting the money.

Thank you,

Larry

Hi Jane,

Thank you.

Larry

DearCustomer

From what I understand you can contact JA customer service to ask them to bonus ([email protected]).

I have been told that from the customer side the way to add a bonus is to first accept, which you have already, and then that button turns orange - and to click it for a bonus.

Jane T (LLC)
Jane T (LLC)
Jane T (LLC), Attorney