How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FlaBusLawyer Your Own Question
FlaBusLawyer, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 102
Experience:  Civil Litigator, Represents Small Businesses, Real Estate Attorney,
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
FlaBusLawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

is been one year that m business burn down, reason due to another

Customer Question

is been one year that m business burn down, reason due to another business in the same building. The fire started in a hair salon and this is second by the owner she had a fire at another location which went under investigation arsen. They beilevwe this is same. The buildin was not up to fire standard no fire alarms found by the fire department. the owner of the buildin is also under investigation. the salon owner has a new location today. I had no insurance on the store and i loss everthing. Can i suit her insurance for my loss.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  FlaBusLawyer replied 8 years ago.
Yes, you can file a lawsuit against the other business. They will have to report it to thier insurance, which should cover the claim. How do you know that the other business was the cause of the fires?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
the fire report stated it.
Expert:  FlaBusLawyer replied 8 years ago.
It sounds like you have a pretty good lawsuit. Make sure you have good records of all of your loses.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

How can i fin dout who she has insurance with. is their away without asking the landlord because he's not going provice it, due them working together

Expert:  FlaBusLawyer replied 8 years ago.
You can direct a demand letter to the owner of the other business, stating that you wish to make a claim against him/her. In the letter, you can ask for his/her insurance carrier. If he/she is not forthcoming with that information, you will have to file to lawsuit, and let the defendant look to his/her insurance company to indemnify him/her. Basiclly, the identidy insurance company will be flushed out, once your lawsuit has been filed.