Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I was in a live in relationship with a man and we started

Customer Question
I was in a...
I was in a live in relationship with a man and we started a business. The trucking company was in my name. The relationship ended, he was still running the company. I obtained a document from a local attorney listing me as seller and this man as buyer. The business would stay in my name until the longest loan on the business was paid off. The document stated that he was fully responsible for business.... taxes, employees, maintain equipment, etc.. I now have tax liens and levies, because taxes were never filed. Late 2008 I was able to gain access to all paperwork for the company. I seperated by year, hired a CPA, gave CPA POA to file. I have been told by IRS that statue of limitations have run out and that I can not file taxes on the business 1998-2003. The company was in my name only, my SS number. I owe over 1.3 million Federal alone. Help!
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Business Law
1/6/2009
Business Lawyer: PABizLawyer, Attorney replied 9 years ago
PABizLawyer
PABizLawyer, Attorney
This is simple. You need to see a bankruptcy attorney. They can possibly discharge IRS tax debt. (To find an attorney try www.romingerlegal.com/attorney )
I was told that an individual can not file bankruptcy on Federal or State taxes. Are you sure you can file bankruptcy on taxes?

Yes they can be...

See for example - http://taxes.about.com/od/bankruptcy/qt/bankruptcy_tax.htm

To find an attorney try www.romingerlegal.com/attorney

Relist: I still need help.
I would like a more detailed answer.
What details do you need?
PABizLawyer
PABizLawyer
PABizLawyer, Attorney