How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 39178
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I made a contract with one employment agency and paid certain

Customer Question

I made a contract with one employment agency and paid certain amount. But the agency could not perform the job done with in that period. I gave him written notice of refunding my amount in one month period which was writeen in our contract and agreement too. But i never receive anything and hear anything from him with in one month period.What should i need to do to get my money from him. what are the chances of getting my money from him going to the court. I am planning to inform his acts to the goverment authorities. Can i do that.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 8 years ago.

If the agency did nothing, then you can get all your money back. If the agency did some work and the work was adequate, then the agency is entitled to payment for the work done. You can get the court to order a refund of the rest.


Law enforcement will not care about this issue, unless the agency took your money and did absolutely nothing, and refuses to refund. If that's the case, it would be a crime.



socrateaser and 4 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
what about if he refused to obey the court order. how long it will take from the court for this kind of case.He has not done anything that's why he can not show me the proof of his work.
Expert:  socrateaser replied 8 years ago.

You mean if you sue and get a judgment and then he still won't pay? Then, you will have to have the sheriff seize his bank account and take the funds via a writ of execution or garnishment.