Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

we have a foreign non profit corporation from the philippines

Customer Question
and its mregistered here in...
we have a foreign non profit corporation from the philippines and its mregistered here in california SECRETARY OF STATE, I WOULD LIKE TO ASK IS THERE ANY STATUTE LAW AS FAR PUTTING A BRANCH IN TEXAS FOR THE SAME TYPE OF ACTIVITY(RELIGIOUS), ARE WE REQUIRED BY LAW TO APPLY ANY LICENSE OR ANY LEGAL DOCUMENTATION TO BE SAFE DOING ANY REKIGIOUS ACTIVITY?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Business Law
1/4/2009
Business Lawyer: N Cal Attorney, Attorney replied 9 years ago
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
A foreign corporation has to register in each State it does business in.
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
i need to know about immigration status,it's ok to have a registered agent must be a foreigner?
In Nevada, the registered agent of a foreign corporation must be a resident of Nevada.

NRS 14.020 Artificial persons doing business in Nevada to appoint resident agents; service of process, demand or notice; staffing of registered office; fine for failure to staff registered office. [Effective through June 30, 2008.]
1. Every corporation, miscellaneous organization described in chapter 81 of NRS, limited-liability company, limited-liability partnership, limited partnership, limited-liability limited partnership, business trust and municipal corporation created and existing under the laws of this State, any other state, territory or foreign government, or the Government of the United States, doing business in this State shall appoint and keep in this State a resident agent who resides or is located in this State, upon whom all legal process and any demand or notice authorized by law to be served upon it may be served in the manner provided in subsection 2. The corporation, miscellaneous organization, limited-liability company, limited-liability partnership, limited partnership, limited-liability limited partnership, business trust or municipal corporation shall file with the Secretary of State a certificate of acceptance of appointment signed by its resident agent. From http://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRS/NRS-014.html#NRS014Sec020
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney