How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INFOLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 56549
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
INFOLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im a private investigator. One of my services is collecting

This answer was rated:

I'm a private investigator. One of my services is collecting deliquent debts. I have a client that does busines on national scale. That client's business is, however, based in Salt Lake City, Utah. My question is one of determining jurisdiction. If my client contracts with a customer to transport a person from Illinois to Salt Lake and that customer, who resides in Florida, fails to pay the agreed upon fees for that transport, which civil court retains jurisdiction. I plan on serving that debtor with a small claims action.   Thanks...Rob P.I.
Your best way to approach it is to sue where possible where the defendant is located. This will make it easier to serve, get jurisdiction and enforce the judgment.
INFOLAWYER and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Business Law Questions