Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

have a garnishment put in place, while still negotiating terms.

Customer Question
can they do that? if...
have a garnishment put in place, while still negotiating terms. can they do that? if we are working to settle the debt? Our business took on doing medication injections on a "buy and bill" program. our course we ran into complication and are waiting on insurance to pay their portion - the vendor, a big name distributor went to court in Texas, and subsequent action is being enforced in Nebraska. "they"are unable or unwilling to produce a ledger of activity as proof that we are in "better standing" they what they demonstrated to the courts in TX - any suggest or recommendations? Lynn
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Business Law
12/3/2008
Business Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 8 years ago
Infolawyer, Attorney
I am afraid they can garnish and pursue enforcement steps until and unless a settlement is reached and signed requiring payments. It is not a professional thing to do but it is not illegal.
Infolawyer, Attorney
Infolawyer, Attorney