How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INFOLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 56842
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
INFOLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how do i do an lien on a unpaid invoice when the customer seems

Resolved Question:

how do i do an lien on a unpaid invoice when the customer seems to have no interest in paying
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 8 years ago.
You would sue, obtain a judgment and enter the judgment in the county clerk where the customer has assets/real estate.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
where in small claims court.but i would really like to know hoe to do a lien i dont feel like my question was answered correctly
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 8 years ago.
No problem. I have referred to a colleague for further response.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
my only question is how do i go about doing a invoice lien own a company who has not paid a overdo invoice
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 8 years ago.
The answer is that you have to commence a lawsuit, win and get a judgment. If the judgment is in the county where the defendant is located and has real estate, it is an automatic lien on his assets. You can furter enforce the judgment by garnishing wages, bank account restraints.
INFOLAWYER and 4 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Business Law Questions