How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CTLawyer Your Own Question
CTLawyer, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 573
Experience:  over 15 years business and real estate law experience
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
CTLawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What can we do to replace our lost Minnestoa s-corporation

Resolved Question:

What can we do to replace our lost Minnestoa s-corporation by-laws?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  CTLawyer replied 8 years ago.
DId you check with the Secretary of State for where the Corp. was formed (MN I assume)? They may have been filed. Ify ou know who formed the corp (attorney or other type of comaony?) they may have a copy on file. Otherwise you could adopt new ones and state that they are in replacement of those that have been lost. Most of the provisions are pretty 'generic' and if there are special provisions you are aware of then they could be added in.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
MN does not file By Laws. We don't recall who drafted them. Do you know if the newly drafted bylaws would have to be notarized?
Expert:  CTLawyer replied 8 years ago.
They are not usually notarized in my experience
CTLawyer and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you