Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I have a judgement against a business that has dissolved is

Customer Question
there any way I can...
I have a judgement against a business that has dissolved is there any way I can now go after the owners personally?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Business Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/2/2008
Business Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 9 years ago
Infolawyer, Attorney
If it was incorporated you generally cannot. If the its a person dba as the business you can reach the principals. You could make a motion to pierce corporate veil but hard to do and requires to show the corporation is a mere shell.
I am confused by the mere shell reference? expound.
if a the corporation never followed corporate formalities, never has meetings, the principal commingles his personal account with the corporate account and it exists merely to avoid creditors, a court may let you get at the principals. but this is most rarely granted.
Infolawyer, Attorney
Infolawyer, Attorney