How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nancy Delain Your Own Question
Nancy Delain
Nancy Delain, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 198
Experience:  Registered Patent Attorney (1/2005); Attorney at Law (1/2004); M.S., Tech Writing (5/1981)
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Nancy Delain is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im wanting to get into amature adult film in my town but i

Customer Question

Im wanting to get into amature adult film producton in my town but i need to find out if it would be legal because of zoning and about the legal age limit of the people in the films. I do hope some one can give me a serious reply I dont know who else to ask thanx for you time
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Nancy Delain replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for contacting Just Answer. I look forward to assisting you.

While we write back and forth, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be researching the answer to your question, helping other customers, or taking a break. If we are writing late at night, I may have to go to sleep and resume helping you the following morning.

By using this forum and/or clicking ACCEPT, you expressly acknowledge that any information I may give in response to your question in this forum does not constitute legal advice; there is no attorney-client relationship between us; and all questions and answers are visible to the whole world, including your opponent, and any information provided is therefore not confidential. Because of the public nature of this forum, by posting anything here you waive irrevocably any and all claim to confidentiality or privilege as to the content posted. Please post only that information that you are willing for your opponent to see and use against you if this matter goes to court. Any money you may give me in response to this posting (which may include both your agreed-on sum and any bonus payment) is a gift of gratitude, and is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, attorney's fees. For more information about your matter, you should consult with an attorney of your choice in a traditional face-to-face or telephonic meeting.

The zoning information is something that you will have to call the zoning department of your municipality AND OF YOUR COUNTY -- don't forget the county -- to find out; we can't answer this here.

In general, the legal age limit for "talent" is 18. Federal law is found at 18 USC 2257, but states may also have laws governing the age in which their citizens may appear in such materials. Check out your state's statutory law, as well as administrative rules and regulations, and also municipal law for your county, town, city, locality.

If I have answered your question, please click on ACCEPT so I can receive credit for my answer. If you have constructive comments about my response to you, please leave feedback; if you are happy with my response, please leave positive feedback even if you don't leave a comment. Remember that you are leaving feedback for the quality of my help to you, not for Just Answer's policies or billings (I have no control over JA, especially not over their billing of customers; I just control what I have written). If questions linger, please hit REPLY to let me know how I can help you further.
Nancy Delain and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

i do appriciate your help and i am going to pay you for your time but i would also like to know if you might know who would be the best person to talk to about this matter where could i go to find out what the law is in my county for making adult films

Expert:  Nancy Delain replied 8 years ago.
Without knowing your county (and state), I cannot advise on this (and even if I do know your county and state, the likelihood of my being able to help is minimal, unless you happen to be in a county that I have worked with.

However, that said, just as a guess, I'd start with the zoning people. If the county doesn't have zoning (which would surprise me), you might try the county clerk's office.

Related Business Law Questions