Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and helped a number of businesses with litigation.
11068102

i have an affadavit of confession, and a promisory note, how

i have an affadavit of confession, and a promisory note, how and where do i file it for lien on property in mineola, ny?
Have you filed suit yet?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
why am i being directed to a texas attorney, this property is in mineola, new york. what else do you need to know. it was personal load that was supposed to be paid at or before closing of property.
The attorneys on here are from all over the U.S. and if we know the answer and no one else picks it up we try to help. Your question is one of law that is common to all of the states.

You will need to file a lawsuit seeking to have a judge recognize the note and the debt. The judge will then grant you a judgment which serves as your lien. There is no way to just file the paperwork and create your own lien in this factual scenario.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR TEXAS ATTY” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
how do i file a law suit and where and what paper work do i need besides the original
promissory note and affadavit
If you choose not to hire an attorney you can get the forms at the online legal forms places (like legalzoom.com) or by going to the clerk of courts and making a copy of a petition filed in that court. Use it as a guide and just explain who the defendant is, when the note was entered into, when it was due, that it defaulted and is owing, and that a copy of the confession of judgment affidavit is attached. You will then have to have the other person served with the suit and set the case for a hearing. If the other person doesn't object then the court will grant the judgment. You can get a copy of a judgment to use as a form in the same place you got the petition.