Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

Reflect on the traditional litigation system (such as suit,

Customer Question
answer, discovery, trial, or jury)...
Reflect on the traditional litigation system (such as suit, answer, discovery, trial, or jury). What are the risks that businesses and other organizations encounter when dealing with traditional litigation,and what measures can business managers take to reduce exposure to those risks?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Business Law
9/2/2008
Business Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 9 years ago
Infolawyer, Attorney
the main risk of litigation is that it is not predictable. in my practice i often strategize on what put in a complaint, how to respond to the answer, what motions to make, what discovery to seek and what evidence to present at trial. each decision has predictable and unpredictable consequences like a game of chess making the process a gamble. businesses would be wise to avoid litigation by anticipating problems and seeking to avoid being involved in the process.
Infolawyer, Attorney