How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 9409
Experience:  Since 1983
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I am sufferring from documentable aloholism which ...

Customer Question

If I am sufferring from documentable aloholism which has caused me to miss periods of work, am I covered under the American Disabilities Act for a disability claim or ,perhaps, a short-term leave?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 9 years ago. states:
The ADA's definition of "disability" treats alcoholism and drug addiction differently. Under the ADA, alcoholism may be a "disability" even if a person continues to drink.

That information is from the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.

I hope this answers your question.