socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

DUE TO DIVORCE, COURT ORDERED THE PETITIONER KEPT THE ...

DUE TO DIVORCE, COURT ORDERED THE PETITIONER KEPT THE BUSINESS CONDITIONED TO TAKE MY NAME OFF THE COUNTY, STATE,ABC PERMITS AND LICENSE. THIS MONTH I HAVE CALLED ABC DEPARTMENT AND CONFIRMED THAT STILL SHE HAS NOT COMPLY WITH THE ORDER IN CONSEQUENCE I AM STILL LIABLE FOR TAXES AND OPERATION OF BUSINESS. QUESTION: CAN I TAKE BACK THE BUSINESS BACK?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 9 years ago.
It really depends on the EXACT language of your court order. My educated guess is that you can obtain sanctions and attorney fees against the other party for failing to follow the orders, but that the court will not permit you to challenge the division of the business as part of your property award, unless the damage to you is severe.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
this order was in Nov 2006, the petitioner is renewing the license in both names every year. i have been received taxes (sales) notices to pay. the business is a Bar and if any accident occour inside i will liable. Please refer me to a attorney to handle my case if it is any.