How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marcus Parker Your Own Question
Marcus Parker
Marcus Parker, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 460
Experience:  Experienced in corporations, LLC, partnerships, etc., formation and operation
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Marcus Parker is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

As a non-profit organization, with a 501(c)3 and

Resolved Question:

As a non-profit organization, with a 501(c)3 and corporation, a disgruntled ex-employee wants to get our past tax statements, a copy of our by-laws along with our grants, request for proposals since 2003. He is saying that our agency he believes has conducted in fraudelent activities (non of this is true). He most recently was let go, and he wants to slander our name to the public and our grantors. What are we legally libel to give him, if anything?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Marcus Parker replied 9 years ago.

A member of the corporation would be entilted to that sort of information. Under certain circumstances the attorney general might be able to see it too. But a mere former employer simply has no right to see any of that.

Unless he actually files a lawsuit against you, you should ignore his request.

Marcus Parker and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Business Law Questions