How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Business lawyer Your Own Question
Business lawyer
Business lawyer, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 418
Experience:  J.D., Magna Cum Laude, University of Alabama. Judicial Clerk for Supreme Court of Alabama 2004-2005
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Business lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Small clothing company in soho, ny (481 Broadway, ny ny ...

This answer was rated:

Small clothing company in soho, ny (481 Broadway, ny ny 10013) accepted an order of custom men''s jeans and paid with two bounced checks totalling $2666. They won''t pay, won''t return then jeans, won''t respond to phone calls. Eyewitness says they are having a going out of business sale and have sold all but 4 of 18 original pairs. How can we collect the $2666?
You need to file a claim against the company in small claims court. The claim should state that you provided them with mercahndise at an agreed upon price and they have failed to pay. Make sure to ask for interest at the rate of 1.5% permonth since they took delivery.

This website will provide some basic forms and information.
Business lawyer and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Can you file the claim from North Carolina and do you have to appear in court in New York?
You may be able to file the claim in North Carolina if the contract was signed or negotiated there. However, you will have to make sure that the other side is served. If they never called you in North Carolina to negotiate, you need to file in New York.