How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask rvlaw Your Own Question
rvlaw, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 8386
Experience:  NYC Trial Attorney 30+ years; Law professor ; BUSINESS LAW; CONTRACTS; TORTS; Arbitrator
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
rvlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

which ist it-cease and assist/desisist to discontinue ...

Resolved Question:

which ist it-cease and assist/desisist to discontinue home joint business operations? I am the legal owner of my home and my estranged wife has a home child care business. I requested that this business be moved to another location not connected to my home to to liabilities that i may encounter.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  rvlaw replied 9 years ago.


It is cease and desist. Hand deliver a formal notice and mail a copy as well. If she doesn't comply with your requests, you can bring a lawsuit to force her out. Depending on the circumstances that have resulted in her continued presence (how you were estranged, where she now lives, for how long, etc.) you might be able to do it more simply and inexpensively by a notice to vacate and eviction proceedings if she stays.


rvlaw and 6 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you