rvlaw
rvlaw, Attorney
Experience:  NYC Trial Attorney 30+ years; Law professor ; BUSINESS LAW; CONTRACTS; TORTS; Arbitrator
3071004

My godson had a broken truck parked at his

My godson had a broken truck parked at his father''s place of business. The business went bankrupt, the truck was left on the vacated property and towed, then sold by the towing company. A collection agency is now contacting my godson, demanding money for the towing and storage fees. Is this legal if the vehicle was sold without my godson''s knowledge?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  rvlaw replied 9 years ago.

Hanna,

If the business was a corporation or, if not, your godson had no ownership interest in the business.....there is no basis for the claim whether he was notified or not.

Rich