Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer, Attorney
Experience:  Atty since 1986. Real estate, tax, and other business law questions
10033880

What is do I risk if someone with I don''t know hire me to make a US company and then ask me to sell some cars with he tell me that they exit, I take the money for the cars and wire them to the person, and then he disappears.

Hello and thanks so much for writing to me. I will need just a little bit more information before I can respond:

Can you explain in more detail please? You said you took some money for cars - was it cash money or postal orders or what? How much money have you lost out of pocket? What happened?

I'll look forward to your response!

BTW, sometimes there can be a delay of many hours before I can get back to you. Be patient; I won't forget you, and I can usually respond within no more than 8 hours.

Merry

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Merry A. Kogut's Post: I was hired my a job offer website. The one that hired me I think was from UK. He wired me the money to make a US company and then ask me to list some cars on eBay, cars that he told me that he has, I did that, the customers paid for the cars in the company account, I wired the money to him back in UK and he gave me the 10% that I was hired for. What will happen to me if he don't deliver the cars and disappears.

1. Have you notified law enforcement? I suggest that you contact the FBI and tell them what happened.

2. You could get sued or you could get blamed for a crime. That's why I suggest that you go to the FBI and tell them what happened.

I'll look forward to your response!

Merry

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Merry A. Kogut's Post: I will do that. I think the person that "hired" me don't really exit. In this case in my situation what will be the penalty? Will I go to prison for that? Please tell me more about what will I happen to me next.

If you act quickly, law enforcement may be able to find the guy and catch him by following the money trail.

As far as what may happen - such as will you be charged with a crime - that question would be better for a criminal law expert.

Frankly, I think you need to hire a criminal defense attorney and be prepared for anything.

I wish I had better news for you.

If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.

The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and Merry A. Kogut or Key Peninsula Law in Washington