Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer, Attorney
Experience:  Atty since 1986. Real estate, tax, and other business law questions
10033880

We own a Mobile home Park in Kremmling, Colo. We seem to be ...

We own a Mobile home Park in Kremmling, Colo. We seem to be singled out when it comes to certain things, such as setbacks, town clean up, water taps, just to mention a few obvious factors. 2 town board members have made it obvious and well known, what their intentions are concerning clean-up in our park as compared to the town; which has no dead-line, no one is aware of it, at any rate. What rights do we have?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 9 years ago.

Hello and thanks so much for writing to me. I will need just a little bit more information before I can respond:

1. How many other mobile home parks are there in your town?

2. Is your mobile home park on very desireable real estate?

I'll look forward to your response!

BTW, sometimes there can be a delay of many hours before I can get back to you. Be patient; I won't forget you, and I can usually respond within no more than 8 hours.

Merry

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Merry A. Kogut's Post: there are 3 other parks. We are located on a main thorough-fare as is another mobile home park.

Are you, perhaps, violating any ordinances?

Have you talked with the owners of the other three parks to see if they're being hassled too? Maybe you can band together. Have you tried getting your story into the local newspaper?

Sorry about the additional questions. It's probably just political, but often there is something behind the politics, even if it's just a personal vendetta of some sort. That's why I'm thinking of the above suggestions, instead of a purely "legal" solution.

Have you consulted with a local attorney yet?

Please write back, and continute the conversation. I'll be away from my computer for a few hours, but WILL return today.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Merry A. Kogut's Post: Yes we have spoken with the other owners, three of them are in "The Goodold boys club", therefore they seem to be exempt from the rules we follow. We have tried to get them to band together, but to absolutely no avail. The local newspaper is put out by another "Goodold Boy", who edits what goes in it. When we have gone to town hall to request various public records, we've been told they are lost. The local attornys' will not touch bringing a case against the town. Denver is 2 and 1/2 hours away. We have become so frusterated by the whole situation we've let it go; until we hear from a renter that a couple of council members have been by with pencil and paper,making notes on her yard. So here we go again.

You may have to get a Denver or Boulder attorney to fight this. Look for someone with a lot of experience dealing with local government. They may advertise under administrative law or something similar. I'd try some of the bigger Denver firms first.