Anne_C
Anne_C, Attorney
Experience:  Business litigator, 15 years' experience
7775950

A neighbor drilled a well 9ft onto my property. we reached ...

A neighbor drilled a well 9ft onto my property. we reached an agreement which he recently backed out of. There is reason to believe that it was intentional because he had no room to put in a well w/out being within code from the distance to his septic, there are other factors also. Can i sue for breach of contract, this was a deliberate act of encroachment and one of three acts, where I caught up with him before it was to late.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Anne_C replied 9 years ago.

DearCustomer

If you had a signed written agreement regarding this well and your neighbor is not complying with the agreement, you can sue him for breach of contract arising from the written agreement.

If you did not have a signed written agreement, you can sue your neighbor for trespass to land, conversion, and nuisance for encroaching on your property. You could also include a cause of action for injunctive relief to require him to abandon the well and return your land to its original condition.

You will want to seek the advice of a Real Estate attorney in your area. To do that, in Google, type in your city and state; and real estate attorney.

Good luck.