Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer, Attorney
Experience:  Atty since 1986. Real estate, tax, and other business law questions
10033880

What are the laws regarding the signing of a contract ...

Customer Question

What are the laws regarding the signing of a Government RFP submission in the state of Tennessee? Here is the question:

If an RFP received from a respondent was received by the State, for instance on March 25, yet the signature on all documents were dated March 26, i.e. a day in the future and one day before the document was received by the State, would this be a legal RFP response or should it have been marked Non Responsive?.

Although all the documents were dated March 26, one was headed PROPOSAL TRANSMITTAL AND STATEMENT OF CERTIFICATIONS AND ASSURANCES.
This was signed and dated March 26, i.e one day in advance of the actual day the document was received by the state, this being March 25..

Question: Does the aforesaid behavior render the document as non Respondent given that the Respondent has signed and dated the document, on a day that was as yet in the future?.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 9 years ago.

Hello and thanks so much for writing to me!

I'm guessing that you submitted a proposal but was not the winner.

I need a tad more information. You said government RFP but I need to know what level of government - state, county, or city? Sometimes the laws are different.