Business and Finance Homework

Need finance homework help? Ask an Expert

Consider that the following information is available from…

Customer Question
Consider that the following...

Consider that the following information is available from the capital market. The one-year interest rates are 3% in the United Sates and 1% in Europe. The current spot rate (ignoring the bid-offer spread) is $0.80 per euro. (a) Assume that Apple’s new i-phone currently sells in the US for $330.00 and the same product sells in Europe for €400.00. Further assume that the interest rates are used as proxies for the inflation rates for the two regions. Use the PPP framework to estimate the local prices of the i-phone in the next year. (5 marks) (b) Assume that you have US$ one million (or its Euro equivalent) to invest for a year and the 12-month forward rate is currently $0.805 per euro. Show how you can make risk-free profit via covered interest parity/arbitrage. (20 marks) (c) Based on (b), compare and contrast covered interest parity/arbitrage and uncovered interest parity/arbitrage.

Tutor's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

No, that is it. thank you

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Business and Finance Homework
3/28/2018
Business Tutor: F. Naz, Bachelor's Degree replied 3 months ago
F. Naz
F. Naz, Bachelor's Degree

By what time do you need the answer, thanks.

Ideally by tomorrow night please.
Also, please provide explanations for any mathematical workings done to answer the questions. Thanks

Okay will try my best to answer in next 24 to 36 hours, take care.

How many hours from now are remaining in your final deadline as I live in another zone, thanks.

The deadline is in 14 hours from now

Sorry due to busy scehdule. will not be able to do in next 14 hours therefore opting out so other experts may help you, thanks.

when should I expect to receive a reply to my original question? Please respond asap
Where is the answer to the question i have asked? EUR73.09 have been withdrawn from my account in 11 days yet no response has been received as yet. I demand a full refund as I have not been given the service I was promised and all communication has stopped from your end.