Business and Finance Homework

Need Finance Homework Help? Ask an Expert

Business and Finance Homework

Read the entire problem for and Darlene Jasper starting on…

Customer Question
Please read the entire problem...
Please read the entire problem for David and Darlene Jasper starting on pages 6-69 before entering any information in your tax software. The Jaspers' received a 1099-INT for their interest income. The Jaspers' also received a Form 1098 for their mortgage interest and the property taxes. Any-property tax on a personal residence is considered real estate taxes.Group 4 problem
Comprehension group 4David and Darlene Jasper have one child, Sam, who is 6 years old (birth-date July 1, 2010). The Jaspers reside at 4639 Honeysuckle Lane, Los Angeles, CA 90248. David’s Social Security number is###-##-#### Darlene’s is###-##-#### and Sam’s is###-##-#### David’s birthdate is May 29, 1984 and Darlene’s birthday is ***** 31, 1986. David and Darlene’s earnings and withholdings for 2016 are:David:
Earnings from Apple Company (office manager)
$26,125
Federal income tax withheld
2,800
State income tax withheld
1,050
Darlene:
Earnings from Rose Company (perfume tester)
$25,100
Federal income tax withheld
2,650
State income tax withheld
900
Their other income includes interest from Pine Tree Savings and Loan of $1,825. Other information and expenditures for 2016 are as follows:Interest:
On home acquisition mortgage
$11,250
Credit card
925
Taxes:
Property taxes on personal residence
1,300
State income taxes paid in 2016 (for 2015)
315
Contribution (with written acknowledgement) to church
990
Medical insurance
475
Medical and dental expenses
5,800
Income tax return preparation fee paid in 2016
200
Actual general state sales tax for 2016
1,016
Payment of union dues
225
David and Darlene received the following letter from Sam’s daycare provider:An image shows a letter with the cost of daycare services during the year 2016. The amount, between 1/1/2016 to 8/25/ 2016 is $3,500.00. Enlarge Image
In 2016, David lost his job. David paid for one month of insurance out-of-pocket and then the family went without insurance for September through December 2016. They are not eligible for any exemptions from health care coverage.Required: Complete the Jaspers’ federal tax return for 2016. Use Form 1040, Schedule A, Schedule B, Form 2441, and the Shared Responsibility Payment Worksheet and the Flat Dollar Amount Worksheet. Make realistic assumptions about any missing data
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Business and Finance Homework
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/13/2017
Business Tutor: taxmanrog, CPA, MST, MA replied 3 months ago
taxmanrog
taxmanrog, CPA, MST, MA

Welcome to Just Answer! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you! I will do my best to help!

Can you give me the information for the daycare provider? Address? FEIN?

yeah sure
hey are you still there i had to post my question i dont know they just closed it
Since they closed this question I reposed it can you work on it
thanks
linda_us
linda_us
linda_us, Master's Degree